Rhapsody 2019 was organised by the Thenmozhi Memorial Trust in order to raise funds for the treatment and care of underprivileged cancer patients on the 11th of May 2019. Mr Arun, the founder of the trust lost his mother to cancer and had vowed to save as many cancer patients as he can. He has successfully organised the mobile breast cancer screening with mammogram facilities in rural areas and has funded innumerable underprivileged children.
The philanthropic evening witnessed an entertaining array of events like dance, mimicry, stand-up comedy, mime and singing. A fashion walk by ten cancer survivors from different age groups won the audience’s applause followed by Airtel Super singer fame Soundarya, Aravind Srinivas, Shenbagaraj and Malavika Sundar rendition of hit numbers.
The fundraising event was inaugurated by Director Balaji Mohan, the brand ambassador of the trust at Sri Mutha Venkata Subha Rao Auditorium in Lady Andal School. Popular celebrities like, Kalakka Povadhu Yaaru Naveen Muralidhar and stand-up comedian Jagan Krishnan of Evam Standup Tamasha stunned the stage to entertain the audience for the noble cause.
Many celebrities and television artists are set to make their presence for the event. There are many surprise elements also to be part of the show. All the proceeds from the ticket sales will be used for the benefit of underprivileged cancer patients through various activities.
Glimpse of Rhapsody’19:
• Inauguration by Director Balaji Mohan – Brand Ambassador – Rhapsody
• Standup comedy by Jagan Krishnan of Evam Standup Tamasha
• Musical band by Crystalz team with Airtel Super Singer fame Soundarya Bala Nandakumar, Aravind Srinivas, Shenbagaraj and Malavika Sundar
• Mimicry by Vijay TV Fame Kalakapovadhu Yaaru Naveen Muralidhar
• Dance by corporate teams Humanoids and Agni
• Fashion Show (A ramp walk involving the cancer survivors and a celebrity show stopper)